McCalls M6359 (it’s a halter-tunic?)

So I have to wait for Sarah to come over and help me figure out the pattern for those damn Colette Juniper pants. In the meantime, tonight I decided to re-make Tunic C from the McCalls M6359 pattern. Now, last time, I learned that it was a bad idea to actually follow the smallest size of the pattern, despite the measurements. They’re totally inaccurate.

I cut the smallest pattern size and here’s what I got last time:

Image
This is AFTER I made some slight alterations. Ugh.

This time, I altered the pattern before I even cut out the fabric (which is what you’re supposed to do, I assume). I basically took out a lot of fabric, both from the yoke and from the front and back pieces (it was way too wide and long the first time).

Image

It’s not completely done yet (I need to finish making and then sewing bias tape on the armholes), but it’s already looking better and fitting better than last time. I’ll update this post once it’s finished and show how it fits.

Image

Image

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s